Monday, November 21, 2011

Courteous Driving

I apologize for my lack of posting on this blog, I have been extremely busy attempting world domination and such. Although since I have a minute I figured I would post a blog about something everybody loves,

Driving.
And something everyone does not love,
Driving with assholes.

This blog starts off on game day at the OSU campus. I had to work from two to four that day, and it just so happens we had a home game. Well, for those of you that don't go to college, don't care about football, or who are a hermit hiding in your house playing World of Warcraft- when there is a home football game the campus becomes a cluster fuck. 

Well that doesn't stop me from having to work, and since I work on campus I get to experience the amazing awe that is Game Day, and all the stupid shit that comes with it. 

I got out of work at four that day, and it just so happens that the game got out just then too. This means that a flock of hundreds of people are aimlessly bumping into each other as they scramble to their cars.

Along with that one dumbass that walks around screaming "GO DUUUUUUCKS!" 
Usually a series of small to large boulders are tossed at said person.

I got to my car about the same time as the other 500 people waiting to get back to wherever the fuck they are going. I am not an aggressive driver so this kind of stuff is always a challenge for me. I'd rather just drive courteous and friendly and not have to push my way into traffic. 

Apparently that doesn't fucking work.

So I ended up sitting at an intersection for like 10 minutes as the people behind me grew more impatient by the second. Finally there was someone else being a pushy dick and making a left turn without having the right away. I was turning right coming from the side so I took this opportunity to turn at the same time. 

Yesssssss I got out.

Well the truck behind me, driven by some hard core redneck, judging by the "I LOVE GUNS AND TITS" sticker in his window starts laying on the horn. At first I thought he was honking at the guy that turned left in front of him. Note that the cars had all stopped for a pedestrian crossing the road, so it's not like the left turn guy cut the truck off. But no. He was honking at me.

And he was flipping me off. Repeatedly.
Challenge Accepted.

So at the next intersection with a stop sign inhibiting the cross traffic there were shit tons of people waiting to get into the lane I was in because it led to the freeway onramp. Who was I to tell these people they couldn't get onto the main road? I am but one person in one car in the whole scheme of people driving on game day. 

So I stopped and waved the first person to turn into my lane.
And then the next.
And the next one too.
One more I guess can come in.
LET IN ALL THE CARS!

Meanwhile the truck behind me was fuming and I could see him in the rear view mirror slamming his hands on the wheel and looking generally pissed. 

Mission Accomplished. 

After letting the entire state of Oregon into my lane, I decided it was time to drive forward and get back to getting home. So next time you're on the road and somebody needs to get in, let them in, or you may end up with me in front of you. I'll let the floodgates open and your sorry ass will be stuck there waiting for me to go. 
I realize I was punishing all the cars behind the truck but meh. :) If he gets to be a shitty driver I get to as well :D

1 comments:

Mel said...

Pahahahahahahahahaha. You are AWESOME!!!!!!

Post a Comment