Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hello, welcome to hell!

So today at work was a total grump-fest. Turns out our manager had gone to this meeting and then came back and said our store looked like shit. I for one, do not agree, I think the store looked better than he made it out to be. Anyway, he chewed out the assistant manager, and she happened to be in charge of us tonight. Since she was upset she decided that we were going to "recover" and make the entire store look "grocery store neat." Yeah, ya know how big the store is? Yeah not fun.

So we walked down every isle and moved everything forward, straightened, dusted, insert-other-random-thing-here, and pretty much just made the store look ungodly tidy. Meanwhile the customers visiting our store decided it would be beneficial to our job security to move the shit we already had organized to places they didn't belong. Sometimes I just love customers. I was also placed in the ribbon department, which was about as fun as being stabbed in the eye with a stick. People are special...they really, really are.

There's this amazing concept I wish people would understand, if you did not already know this: The ribbon on the OUTSIDE of the roll looks exactly like the ribbon on the INSIDE! I know, I know, it's a tough concept. Now that you are trained in the art of knowing what the inside of a roll of ribbon looks like, stop pulling the ribbon from outside the plastic wrap and unrolling it!! Jesus Christ people are you stupid? (Nevermind, dumb question.)

Well, I conveniently have my chemistry final tomorrow morning, so I'm headed to bed.
I'm tired.
I'm sore.
I'm hungry.
Fuck it all tired rules out everything, I'm going to bed.

Night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment